Become a Member
For 35 years, WBNA has been working w/ neighbors and businesses to make the West Side a safe, vibrant, and sustainable place to live, work, and play. Help us fuel community: become a member!
- Rent tools from the WBNA Tool + Equipment Bank (includes chair, table & popcorn machine rental)
- Rent a plot in our Bridgham or Parade Street Community Gardens (plots available on a first come, first served, basis each spring)
- Rent the WBNA Headquarters for your special occasion
- Participate in PVD Solar, WBNA’s bulk purchase solar panel program
- Vote for officers at our Annual Meeting
- Get a WBNA bumper sticker for your car, house, or shop window
events that connect neighbors
Advocacy, Improvements, and Maintenance
- Ongoing advocacy: Work with neighbors when they have concerns and ideas
- Notification of issues and legislation that may affect you and your home or business
- Access to city officials to cite and correct problems quickly
- Advocacy for walkable quality neighborhood public schools on the West Side
- Grant writing for neighborhood infrastructure & improvements (playground, streetscapes, trees, etc)
- WBNA has helped to implement laws & policies that expand & protect neighbor rights. In recent years, this advocacy has led to legislation that prevents placement of gas meters on historic and non-historic properties & a pilot program for overnight permit parking that became Providence’s official Resident Permit Parking Program!