Neighborhood Action & Crime Watch
Purpose: To create a safer, cleaner neighborhood and a stronger community through cooperation with neighbors and partnerships with city and state departments.
NACW Committee meets on the 4th Tuesday of every month from 7 – 8:30pm at WBNA HQ (1560 Westminster, Providence). No meetings in July or August.
Please join our February monthly meeting to help create a safer, cleaner neighborhood and a stronger community through cooperation with neighbors and partnerships with city and state departments.
The January 2017 NACW Committee Meeting included Lt Fernandes' year in review of compelling neighborhood crime stats, recent gang and crime activity, updates on the 6-10 Connector project, and NACW initiatives for the coming year.
WBNA’s Neighborhood Action/Crime Watch Committee first ever meeting on the street was held at Major Park on Ellery Street and started with a park clean-up.
The May 2016 NACW Committee Meeting included discussion of new summer and fall initiatives, including restarting a trash mob and a cleanup of Ellery/Major Park at NACW's June 28 meeting.
Want your street cleaned during the Annual Spring Cleanup? Become a Street Captain! Learn why street captains matter.
- Formalize the structure of the committee and induct standing committee members in new two year terms. Plan and execute the spring clean up.
- Plan and execute four small scale trashmob events.
- Work with Councilman Principe to install DPW maintained trash cans on Westminster Street and Broadway.
- Empower neighbors of derelict, abandoned and foreclosed homes to participate in the City Solicitor's office Receivership Program.
- Bulk purchase program for security, insurance, cameras and window locks.
- Encourage community participation at Ellery street park.
Sean Larkin and David Stuebe