Join your friends and neighbors for WBNA's Annual Neighborhood Spring Cleanup! For 33 years West Siders have come together to make a huge and visible impact on the look and safety of our neighborhood. This event is not only fun, it's gratifying!
Start at the WBNA at 9am and enjoy free breakfast treats while you rally with neighbors and street captains (to become a street captain for your street, click here). Please wear work clothes, and bring gloves and tools (if you have them: rakes, square shovels, brooms).
Then you're off to hit those troubled areas you all know about in the neighborhood. Maybe you also get to weed and clean some tree pits, or finally get that abandoned mattress off your street!
NEW THIS YEAR! Bring your kids over to the Spring Cleanup Kids Zone from 10am to 11:30am. Meet at the Dexter Training Ground Playground to help spread mulch around trees and wood chips around the playground. There will also be recycling games to play.
A long standing partnership with the City of Providence allows for trash pickups at designated locations (check with street captains for details) as well as street sweeping on Cleanup Day. E-Waste Pickup also available! Bring your old electronics to WBNA for proper disposal on Saturday only.
After all this work is done, come back to the WBNA and enjoy a FREE BBQ with your fellow cleanup volunteers.
- 9:00am / Meet @ WBNA, enjoy breakfast items, form teams with street captains and other volunteers, then set off to designated cleanup areas
- 10:00am / Kids Zone Activities at Dexter Training Ground (meet at playground)!
- 12:00pm / Meet back at the WBNA for a free BBQ for volunteers
- Check with your street captain for designated trash pickup locations
- Sweep sand, leaves and other debris into the street for street sweepers
- Street sweepers come the day after the cleanup on Sunday, April 24
- Residents of Messer and Sycamore Streets, please sweep debris from behind the planter boxes into the street
- Try to park off street for sweeping
- As tempting as it might be, do not put gravel, rocks, or sand into garbage bags, or otherwise overload garbage bags. It causes the bags to break and then our efforts are undone!
- E-Waste pickup available in the morning and at the BBQ. Bring your old electronics!
Questions? Please send a message to the NACW Committee which hosts this event.
FLYERS AND POSTER