Above (from L to R): Senator Paul V. Jabour, Councilor Bryan Principe, Representative Anastasia Williams, Senator Harold Metts and Representative John J. Lombardi at last year's lively Town Hall Meeting
Please join us for WBNA's 5th Annual Conversation With Our Elected Officials, featured during the first hour (6-7pm) of our March Neighborhood Nights event. Please note that this meeting takes place on Monday, March 5, at West Broadway Middle School.
As with all of our monthly Neighborhood Nights events, free food, childcare, and Spanish translation are provided. ALL ARE WELCOME and encouraged to attend!
6 to 7pm | Conversation with our Elected Officials
This year's Conversation will be conducted in a town hall meeting style, comprised of a Q&A session with our honored guests. This is a great opportunity to get to know your local legislators, and to let them hear from you.
Not sure who your elected officials are? Find out here by clicking on the "Look Up General Voter Information" tab.
Attending Elected Officials:
Senator Paul V. Jabour, District 5
Representative John J. Lombardi, District 8
Representative Anastasia Williams, District 9
Councilor Mary Kay Harris, Ward 11
Councilor Bryan Principe, Ward 13
(as other officials confirm, they will be added to this list)
SUBMIT A QUESTION IN ADVANCE
Elected officials will be asked to answer questions both submitted in advance and asked live during the event by members of the community. Click the red button below to submit a question in advance using our online form.
A los Funcionarios Electos se le pedirá que contesten una variedad de preguntas que son sometidas con anticipación y preguntas por los miembros de la audiencia durante el evento. Haga clic en el botón rojo de abajo para enviar una pregunta.
7 to 8pm | Participate in a WBNA Committee
After the town hall meeting portion of the evening, all WBNA Committees will break out and meet in designated classrooms. Neighbors are encouraged to stay and take part in a committee that interests you. Committees are the backbone of the work and fun that happen at the WBNA and are entirely neighbor-led. Explore and help make our initiatives, programs, and advocacy happen!
What's happening in WBNA Committee meetings this month
- Armory Advocacy will discuss plans for launching a designated website for the Armory, designing informational materials, and potential summer events to further advocacy
- Community/Comunidad 1 will hear a presentation by Direct Action for Rights & Equality (DARE) about its rent control ballot measure
- Community Development Committee features a project review of Bucklin Plaza, an adaptive reuse of an industrial/commercial complex at 332 Dexter Street, as presented by owner and developer Jerry Batista. See renderings here.
- Green Initiatives will discuss goals for the coming spring, which include supporting a business solar program, and providing outreach/education on energy, composting, rain barrels, and recycling at the annual Spring Clean Up
- Neighborhood Action & Crime Watch Committee will discuss general concerns about safety and quality of life in the neighborhood, the 35th Annual Spring Cleanup, and potential 2018 initiatives
- Programs & Events Committee welcomes new members to help plan the 2018 Neighborhood-Wide Yard Sale
- West Side Kids and West Side Parks will hold a joint meeting to discuss how they would like city funds to be used for improvements to Dexter Training Ground (aka Armory Park)
6:00pm Call to order, ground rules & introduction of elected officials – Matt Gabor, President, and Joe Roch, Board member
6:05pm Moderated questions from neighbors to our elected officials
6:50pm Closing remarks from WBNA + agenda highlights for tonight's Committee meetings
6:55pm Adjourn to ALL Committee Meetings
7:00pm ALL Committee Meetings
8:00pm Evening concludes
Upcoming Neighborhood Nights 2018
Tuesday, April 3, 2018
Tuesday, May 1, 2018
Tuesday, June 5, 2018
NO MEETINGS IN JULY AND AUGUST
Tuesday, September 11, 2018 (2nd Tuesday of September)
Tuesday, October 2, 2018
Tuesday, November 13, 2018 (2nd Tuesday of November due to 11/6 Election Day)
Tuesday, December 4, 2018