Nominate yourself or someone you know to a WBNA Committee or the WBNA Board of Directors. Serving on a Committee or the Board is a great way to get involved in the neighborhood and to contribute to the work of our organization.
During our open call process, the WBNA Nominating Committee will meet with all nominees to explore working together, either as a Committee Member or as a Board Member.
Nominations are accepted through Tuesday, December 12, 2017.
Board and Committee Needs for 2018
WBNA seeks the following candidates to work on our Board and Committees:
- People who will be champions and stewards of WBNA’s mission;
- People who bring new perspectives to the board, including geographic, ethnic, economic, and age diversity;
- People who will contribute time, talent and resources
In addition, we are looking for people with any of the following core skills or experience to assist us in our day to day work as we advocate for the neighborhood, act as a resource for neighbors, and bring the community together through cultural activities.
- Accounting, finance, investing and business
- Community development, urban planning, historic preservation, sustainability, and architecture and design
- Community outreach, organizing, and advocacy
- Elementary and secondary education
- Event planning
- Graphic design
- Information technology
- Language skills/bilingual
- Legal expertise
- Local business owners
- Membership development
- Neighborhood action and grassroots activities
- Organizational history
- Social justice policy and actions
- Strategic planning
- Volunteer coordinating
Thank you for your interest in working with the WBNA! Please email us with any questions.