Neighborhood Action & Crime Watch
Purpose: To create a safer, cleaner neighborhood and a stronger community through cooperation with neighbors and partnerships with city and state departments.
NACW Committee meets on the 1st Tuesday of every month, 6-8pm, during WBNA Neighborhood Night at West Broadway Middle School, 29 Bainbridge Avenue, Providence. No meetings in July or August.
Join us for Candidates Night, featuring city council, mayoral, and state general assembly candidates running for seats in the WBNA focus area who will be on the primary ballot on September 12. This is the first of two forums that we are holding in advance of the November election. Free food, child care and Spanish interpretation. ALL ARE WELCOME.
WBNA's 5th Annual Conversation with our Elected Officials had a great showing of neighbors who asked questions and heard directly from state legislators about wide-ranging topics such as reproductive rights and gun control, funding for public school facilities, and rent control.
2018 is a planning year for the WBNA, and we want to hear from you to make sure we get it right. Learn more about our strategic planning process that will guide WBNA's work and goals for the next five years, and how to get involved.
Be a Street Captain for the 2018 Spring Cleanup! Get to know your nearest neighbors by recruiting and organizing the cleanup on YOUR street. It's fun and easy – and we'll even throw a party for you!
Our first Neighborhood Night had a great turnout, and featured a presentation of Providence's new bike share system by city planner and neighbor Alex Ellis, an introduction to WBNA Committees, and lots of friendly energy.
- Formalize the structure of the committee and induct standing committee members in new two year terms. Plan and execute the spring clean up.
- Plan and execute four small scale trashmob events.
- Work with Councilman Principe to install DPW maintained trash cans on Westminster Street and Broadway.
- Empower neighbors of derelict, abandoned and foreclosed homes to participate in the City Solicitor's office Receivership Program.
- Bulk purchase program for security, insurance, cameras and window locks.
- Encourage community participation at Ellery street park.
Amy Gerhard and Terry Snook