Neighborhood Action & Crime Watch
Purpose: To create a safer, cleaner neighborhood and a stronger community through cooperation with neighbors and partnerships with city and state departments.
NACW Committee meets on the 1st Tuesday of every month, 6-8pm, during WBNA Neighborhood Night at West Broadway Middle School, 29 Bainbridge Avenue, Providence. No meetings in July or August.
Time for spring cleaning across the neighborhood at WBNA's 36th Annual Spring Cleanup and GreenUp! Cleanup Day ends with our annual free cookout for all volunteers. Make a great and visible impact on the neighborhood while getting to know your neighbors.
Be a Street Captain for our annual Spring Cleanup! Tired of seeing the same problem areas near your home week after week? Here's your chance to make it better in one day all while getting to know your neighbors!
Neighborhood Nights is back, WBNA’s all-in-one community meeting where neighbors come together to explore a planned topic or issue, check out WBNA initiatives, and/or play basketball at open gym! This monthly gathering is an easy way to get to know WBNA and your neighbors with free food, childcare, and Spanish interpretation.
WBNA's 5th Annual Conversation with our Elected Officials had a great showing of neighbors who asked questions and heard directly from state legislators about wide-ranging topics such as reproductive rights and gun control, funding for public school facilities, and rent control.
2018 is a planning year for the WBNA, and we want to hear from you to make sure we get it right. Learn more about our strategic planning process that will guide WBNA's work and goals for the next five years, and how to get involved.
- Formalize the structure of the committee and induct standing committee members in new two year terms. Plan and execute the spring clean up.
- Plan and execute four small scale trashmob events.
- Work with Councilman Principe to install DPW maintained trash cans on Westminster Street and Broadway.
- Empower neighbors of derelict, abandoned and foreclosed homes to participate in the City Solicitor's office Receivership Program.
- Bulk purchase program for security, insurance, cameras and window locks.
- Encourage community participation at Ellery street park.
Amy Gerhard and Terry Snook